A Fire Audit is applicable to
- Residential towers higher than 24 meters or 7 floors & above
- Residential towers more than 1025 sqm floor area
- All commercial and industrial premises.
How often should a Fire Audit be done?
- As per the Maharashtra Fire Prevention Act, 2006, a Fire Audit should be done twice a year (Jan & July).
Who is authorized to do a Fire Audit?
- Only the agencies that hold a valid Fire Audit License.
Why should a Fire Audit be done?
The purpose of a Fire Audit is to check whether all the provisions are made as per the norms and most importantly they are in perfect working condition as and when the need arises.
To ensure compliance to the law: Failure to carry out a Fire Audit may result in heavy penalties. These may include cutting off water and electricity supplies of the defaulting establishment and in some cases imprisonment of the responsible people.
Why us for Fire Audit?
- Vaccifire is a licensed expert for Fire Prevention and Life Safety, authorized by Maharashtra Fire Department
- Expertise and knowledge of various legal and mandatory requirements
- Experience across all types of occupancies
- Compliant with latest statutory provisions set by different Fire Departments across Maharashtra.
Fire Audit is a 3 step process
- INSPECTION of all fire safety equipment
- RECTIFICATION of the flaws pointed out by the initial inspection
- CONFIRMATION that the entire system is working properly before issuance of Form ‘B’.